VOLUNTEER & INTERNSHIP
You can help change and shape lives by volunteering at The Women’s Fund! Volunteers and College Interns are trained by The Women’s Fund to work directly with small groups to provide classes in both after school and community settings. We provide a Train-the-Trainer model, which can be implemented broadly and therefore benefit more young women. By utilizing volunteers, college interns, and train-the-trainer to teach our classes, we can maintain lower overhead and operational expenses. Volunteers and Interns, who work in the office or on one of our special events will gain skills and insight relevant to the daily operations of a small and growing nonprofit organization.
Ways to Volunteer:
- Be a facilitator/mentor at either our What About Me? or Women’s Health Advocacy Program: You will trained to be the facilitator/mentor on one of our 10-week curriculum based program. Each program is approximately one to 1 to 1 ½ hour over the course of 10 weeks, however could be shorter based on our community partners schedule. Classes are taught to adolescent girls and women in small groups of 10-15 at various schools or community centers in the Greater Houston Area
- Our What About Me? and Women’s Health Advocacy Program classes are facilitated by female volunteers due to the sensitive nature of their content.
- Volunteer one-time only, with adolescent girls and women at one of our Smart Lunches or Seminars
- Volunteer at one of our special events either in our office in the weeks leading up to the event or on event day. Visit our events page for upcoming events.
- Volunteer to assist in our offices. We are always in need of individuals to assist with answering the phones and administrative type duties.
Position: Public Relations Intern
Mission: To provide Houston-area women and girls with the tools they need to be advocates for their health.
Job Description: The intern, under the direction of staff and the Board Marketing/PR Committee members, will proactively lead a full-range of public relations/marketing services, developing into independently handling all assigned responsibilities.