In Honor of Edna
Now, more than ever, The Women’s Fund (TWF) providing education about health to women and girls in the Houston-area.
Programs cover a wide range of health topics including illness prevention, healthy eating, smoking cessation, telehealth basics, and weight management. Virtual classes are provided via the Internet and videoconferencing. Services are offered at no cost.
As you are determining how to support The Women's Fund, consider how changes from the recent CARES Act might shape your giving, including:
- In 2020, individual taxpayers who do not itemize will be eligible to claim up to $300 in charitable contributions as a deduction
- Cash contribution limits have been raised for gifts to public charities (though not to donor advised funds or supporting organizations):
- Individual taxpayers are now subject to a limit of 100% of AGI (up from 60%)
- Corporations are now subject to a limit of 25% of pretax income (up from 10%)
- Food inventory contributions are now subject to a limit of 25% of pretax income (up from 15%)
- Excess contributions may be carried over